Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Barry1950
Aspirant
Aspirant

battery connection has corroded. Need replacement connector? How can this be achieved?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If they are out of warranty ( 1 yr ) , you can still try thru Arlo support and see...

but there is no repair service for the cameras.

Best thing to try is a pencil eraser and rub a while on the contacts to see if you can clean them up a bit so it functions.

Also unless a battery leaked ( haven't heard of this ) , sounds like water got in so check the o-ring and if possible put some silicon grease on it before closing up.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Barry1950
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response.
I guess I didn't make clear what the problem is.

The external charger connection (clearly not fully weatherproof) has corroded due to local coastal conditions. It is extremely difficult to get a proper connection. It looks like there is a separate connector between the external lead and cabling to the internals.
I think the connector could be replaced? Where can I get this connector? Does the internal lead just "pull off" the connector?

I've tried to tape over the supplied plug (not weatherproof enough) but with salty conditions, corrosion is a problem. My neighbour has the same problem. The charger lead connection is just not durable in this situation. Replacing the camera (expensive option) will not solve the problem. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear that either the plastic plug for the connector was damaged or you didn't get it properly seated after charging. Doesn't matter now but the connectors on my cameras have no damage after years in the open. Unfortunately, there's no repair capability at all unless you can cobble something together.

My suggestion is to buy the external charging station. That way you can always charge the battery by removing it. Buying a spare battery would allow you to swap in a fully charged one for minimal downtime.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation