Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tried to reset VMB4500 and sync through Arlo app but can't find Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
harel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried to reset the base station many times and sync through the app and can't find the base station.
What else can you do?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a new installation or are you trying to reset an existing one? For the latter, be sure to remove all devices found in Settings, My Devices. For either scenario, hold the reset button for >10 seconds until the base LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and try again.

harel
Aspirant
Aspirant

It did not help, to point out that a base of origin was run by Wifi

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@harel wrote:

No idea what you're trying to say here.

You may have a hardware problem - if so, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

harel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only in WiFi settings do I see the base stations, through the app I do not succeed
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? If you reset, you should only have the power and Internet LEDs green and the Camera LED should be off or amber.

harel
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed all devices in Settings, My Devices as well as holding the reset button until the LED flashes amber (>10 seconds)?

harel
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may be a hardware issue, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@harel wrote:

You DON'T join the base station's WiFi.  The cameras connect to that.  You connect the phone to your normal home WiFi.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation