Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
firesec
Guide
Guide

Ok so when I started my CVR subscription to the active camera x1, to the best of my knowledge it stayed active until the plan renewed and then the active camera on the plan was removed from the active slot and deactivated without my conscent. 

Arlos email support doesn't work, arlos live chat doesn't work, but I finally got some support on the phone, which fixed it temporarily but didn't really address why the active camera was deactivated in the first place and then the camera has been removed from the active subscription slot again without my conscent (not sure of the timestamp when this occured but it was maybe 24-48 hours after being added to active slot). 

This is really frustrating concidering I have already paid for a functional plan, a functional service and a functional product, but my money is being wasted every time their (Netgear arlo) software decides to remove my camera from the active CVR slot.

Device/>camera settings/>subscription/>manage camera status

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey firesec,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team through phone. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you regarding this.

Jfabulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
This keeps happening to me as well. 5 cams plus CVR subscription. I have had no problem for years. Suddenly, the last camera on the list deactivates by itself on a regular basis and I have to keep moving it back to active. Not very dependable if you’re using it as a security system.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jfabulous,

We're investigating reports regarding this issue. We'll update the community if we hear any information or update.

MountainMadness
Guide
Guide

This keeps happening to me as well.  The last of 6 cameras keeps getting deactivated and I have to move it back to active cameras.  It was happening frequently about 6 weeks ago, then the problem just stopped.  But it just started happening again last week.  I do have CVR on two cameras, but this is not one of them.

Jfabulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
It stopped shortly after my original post and just started again this week as well.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Following up here to see if anyone is still experiencing this issue where your active camera keeps removing itself from the CVR slot.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation