Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Arlo Pro 2 will not record/detect motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MelBO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I  have seven cameras and one is not functioning correctly.  It is on a covered front porch.  The running man is black, the battery is charged.  I am able to see a live view and take a snap shot.  It stopped recording motion 5 days ago.  I powered down the base/router and put it back on.  It is armed.  I did a motion detection test and no red light flashed.  Any suggestions would be appreciated before I go overboard with the troubleshooting.  These cameras were purchased this year.    Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MelBO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, James.  Will give it a try.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MelBO,

Consider removing the camera, resync and test motion again. This can be done by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select the desired camera > Remove Device. After it's been removed, resync the camera with your base station and test again using the default "Armed" mode to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

MelBO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, James.  Will give it a try.

MelBO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did as you suggested and it worked!  Thank you again for the very kind assistance.

backyards
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you re sync without moving the camera? ie- when you are in a different country than your camera...

MelBO
Aspirant
Aspirant

backyards Aspirant,  I don't see how that is possible when you need to manually press the sync button on the base and on the camera.  I took my camera down and brought it into the house. You may want to contact Arlo support.  Perhaps they can do it remotely from their end for you.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation