Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Arlo Pro 2 will not record/detect motion. Tried removing device and battery.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jayhay
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras has not notified me or recorded any motion since June 28th. The camera shows the running man and speaker in black, both turn orange when I walk by the camera or speak, but I get no notifications and nothing is recording. The system is armed and the camera is set to record if motion or audio is detected and a push notification is set to be sent. I get nothing.

I've tried removing the device from my app, removing battery and then re-syncing camera with home base. After doing this, the camera worked for a minute or 2, but then stopped working again.

I've also tried moving the base station closer to the camera so that it gets a stronger signal.

I went through this issue last month on my other camera. That camera has been replaced and is now working fine.

Really struggling to fix this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jayhay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke with chat and got the issue resolved. The steps were slightly different from what I had found on the community threads. 

Support had me remove the camera, then re-sync by pressing the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds, then press the sync button on the camera. Once sync was complete the device started sending notifications and recording video again. 

If you run into a similar problem I'd try that first. If that doesn't work support also said  you can resolve this issue if you "will powercycle or removed the camera then re-sync after 2 hours or camera rest."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jayhay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke with chat and got the issue resolved. The steps were slightly different from what I had found on the community threads. 

Support had me remove the camera, then re-sync by pressing the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds, then press the sync button on the camera. Once sync was complete the device started sending notifications and recording video again. 

If you run into a similar problem I'd try that first. If that doesn't work support also said  you can resolve this issue if you "will powercycle or removed the camera then re-sync after 2 hours or camera rest."

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation