Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Svenjargen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am about to buy an outdoor camera system and am now looking into the Arlo pro 2. My question: I have a lot of animals running in my backyard. Will it be possible to not getting alarm triggered and notifications sent to me when cats and deers are running in the backyard?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It can be possible, but may not be easy....

I've found with small animals ( cat ) usu the camera's sense needs to be higher ( and camera mounted lower for good response )... deer are another story because of size.

The best info I can recommend is to only cover areas close to the house where people could be ;  cause the PIR devices only detect people out to 25 ft  ... also you will have to lower the sense level to still pick up people...this will require lowering the sense at a low rate of 1-2% each time with testing in between....  You should be able to find a sweet spot which eliminates most of the false triggers

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Svenjargen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!

Would I get more possibilities with Premier plan where I get the feature "Person, Vehicle, & Animal Detection"?

S

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes then you can turn animals or whatever you don't want off and not get a notification for that category but will still record to library with that label. Its not perfect but works most of the time for me. Like TomMack said deer are hit or miss. I have alot. 

Svenjargen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for answering. Now I have bought it and will try to figure out what works and what does not work.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation