Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will 3 second look back work with Solar Panel or AC only? Is 24/7 viewing possible? Outdoor AC wire?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
greenclover
Follower
Follower

I'm waiting for my arlo pro 2 to be delivered and could not resist asking a few questions in advance so I can make things ready.

With the Free US home service plan for lower income people:

1. Will the 3-second look back work with arlo Solar Panel or does it work only with the outdoor AC wire connection only?

Can I connect more than one outdoor AC wire together to make it longer to reach my outlet plug? How long is the wire?

Please post the link to the arlo pro 2 outdoor AC wire accessory I can't seem to find the link to buy it

2. Without recording, is it possible to have a live view feed continuously 24/7 on a monitor, tv, pc, etc.?

Or can we only view recorded segments and not live feed? If we can view live feed without recording, I wanted to get an idea how long we can view before turning it of.

I'm switching over from an old wired VHS DVR camera, that I have hooked up to several old TV's VCRs DVRs 24/7 without interruption.

Still living in the stone age, I just realized the Arlo Pro 2 has no nultiptle RCA-hdmi plug outputs (and output multipliers) for viewing on several tv, monitor, etc. all at the same time.

I wanted to get an idea how long we can view before turning off our supplied monitor, tv, pc and or phone.

I would prefer to keep the arlo on for viewing 24/7 if that is possible.

3. With the 7-day free recording storage. Does that mean we can set up the system to record continuously for 7 days, i.e. Sunday to Saturday, and it loops every 7 days (like those old VHS / DVR hard drive security systems) erasing the previous oldest recordings first?

Or is 300+/- seconds the maximum recording time for each camera motion detection for 7 days at a time? Have watched a youtube video that said 300 seconds was the max for recording.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

Quick answers to your questions.

1. Free subscription available to everyone. Income not a factor. Also available to non-US citizens, I'm in Canada.

- power cable has different ends so cannot be plugged together like AC extension cords or Christmas lights. One cable length is the max length.

- 3 second pre-recording only available with AC powered camera. 

2. Live feed possible for short durations then the camera times-out. You need closed circuit TV for continuous viewing. 

3. Recordings are retained for 7 days on the free subscription. Recording length is seconds to maybe a few minutes, not continuous. After 7 days the recordings disappear unless you pay for a subscription that retains the recordings longer. You can download them for free.

Decide if you need recording on motion detection only or continuous 24 hr recording and viewing. Arlo Pro 2 is not for continuous recording. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can have 24/7 recording BUT you will need a permanent AC power supply and also to pay for the CVR subscription per camera

https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-get-it

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation