Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WillE
Follower
Follower

We've had the Arlo Pro 2 camera system for about 3 years now.  We have a total of 5 cameras.  The 3 closest to the modem continue to operate without issue, but a few weeks ago the 2 cameras that are furthest away stopped detecting Wifi ("No Internet Connection").   Why would they stop detecting Wifi after all of this time?  When I bring the cameras closer in to the house, they work again and detect Wifi so it's not a problem with the cameras.  Plus, when I try different camera in the same far away positions, they too fail to work.  I already talked to Comcast.  Nothing has changed and there is no problem with our Internet connection or speed.  Thus, I'm deducing that it must be a problem with the Arlo base station.  I've already restarted it several times.  It seems to work just fine as long as long as the cameras remain about 20 feet closer than their original location and inside the house.  But it is not a solution to move the cameras permanently closer, nor is it possible to move the base station permanently.  Is it a normal thing that the base station is not working as well as when we bought it?  Is there something on any of the units that I could clean?  Maybe something just got dirty?  Would a Wifi extender help?  Any other suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob not an issue with the base as the remaining cameras work…

it may be an outside prob like a neighbor WiFi causing interference ( on same channel ) as the base unit.

A WiFi extender will not help the way you think as the base creates it’s own network for the cameras ( and it is a closed system)

You have basically 2 options

1) use a WiFi extender with Ethernet to centrally locate the base to cover all cameras

2) use a second base to increase coverage ( the only true way to expand coverage area )

Last option is to change your router channel ( the base will follow to the new channel) and see if that helps any

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation