Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why no cable+charger options available on your site?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zekeftw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an Arlo Pro 2 (4 camera) set today and signed up for 14 day CVR. All 4 cameras. I didnt read the box carefully where it said that CVR requires the cameras to be plugged in. So once I tried to use it, the app told me that they needed to be plugged in to AC power. But the box only comes with one charger and cable. 

So I went to the Arlo website and only found a battery+cable+charger combo. Obviously, if the camera is going to be plugged in all the time I don't need the battery. I contacted support and they told me that I have to go find a third party USB 2.0 charger that supports Qualcomm Rapid Charge. 

Why can't I buy this directly from Arlo? After spending over $1000 on your products ($799 for the cameras and $249 for the CVR) I have to go find a third party product to use the service that I paid for? 

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Why can't I buy this directly from Arlo?

Because it had to withdraw that product for safety reasons.

In any case, a third party mains adapter will almost certainly cost less than something Arlo branded.

The important thing is to look for something with a USB cable that provides a watertight connection to the camera – adapters and cables might be best sourced separately – and that works with whatever mounts you use for the cameras.

There have been many discussions of this issue around here. A quick search might prove informative.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

There have been many discussions of this issue around here. A quick search might prove informative.

For example:

Re: Permanent power to my pro 2 - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation