Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GilIre
Follower
Follower

All Arlo Pro2 cameras stopped recording around 830pm every night.  This issue just started last week. Very frustrating since I made no changes

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick search here would have shown you multiple similar posts from folks with legacy cameras. The quick "solution" is to remove all devices from your account and add them back, starting with the base, as if new.

crilski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine started doing the exact same thing!  No recordings at night - although it records cats and moths - but no people or cars.  It's only been happening the last few nights. 

So I guess I need to uninstall all 3 cameras and start again?

Wish there was an actual person to talk to!!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing just one camera from your account and sync it again. That apparently usually fixes things. If not, @JamesC , @ShayneS or @BrookeN can run a sync on your account that fixes things.

crilski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually the camera records cats and moths - but no vehicles at night.  So I did remove the camera and tried to reinstall - but it won't do it - must be manual.  So I need to get a tall ladder  . . . .  why is this happening?  Why just vehicles. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These cameras are designed around detecting people but vehicles can also be detected, just not as part of the design. How far away are the vehicles? Are they moving across the FOV or right at the camera?

crilski
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 3 cameras.  This one has been detecting vehicles for the last 3+ years.  This camera points to our mail box and detects cars that happen to cruise by.  What is strange is - it continued to detect animals (mostly cats) and even moths!  We have another camera on a driveway - it continues to detect cars.  I removed then tried to sync.  It wouldn't do it - so I need to wait til hubby gets home with a tall ladder to push the sync button?  Irritating!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can check your Smart Notifications settings for the camera to make sure they match your other camera.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation