Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Flechi18
Tutor
Tutor

I have been on the phone for 30 minutes and the internet chat feature isn't connecting me. How long does it take to get someone to answer a sales question? If it has taken 30 minutes so far for a sales call, how long are tech support calls? 

Should I take this as a warning as to the quality of the company?

7 REPLIES 7
Flechi18
Tutor
Tutor

At minute 67. I simply am dumbfounded by this. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Flechi18,

Consider posting your question here on the community, we would be glad to help.

JamesC

Flechi18
Tutor
Tutor
That doesnt answer the question. Why did I wait on hold for over an hour (I ultimately hung up)?
Cbgeorge
Guide
Guide

There is no real support  for arlo, I  tried one day, was #19 in que for over 45 min, never got any one,  did what they want people to do, say screw it and hung up!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cbgeorge,

I apologize for the poor experience. What issue are you experiencing? I would be happy to assist.

JamesC

Cbgeorge
Guide
Guide

It was a issue about getting my solar panel to work and a question about getting a camera to work after removing battery to charge, but thru trial and error I finally resolved it myself.

Calling in  or the  live chat is worthless

martincc
Luminary
Luminary

My experience with Netgear Arlo Support wait times in 2018 has been 'memorable' to put it charitably. Last year they seemed to be much more on the ball and exchaged defective items promptly. This year since February I have experienced problems monitoring a home far away that I rarely visit with: 1. one of my Arlo Q (makes and alarms to clicking sound), and 2. since May with one of my Arlo Pro 2 camera (charged by Solar Panel but that stopped charging and now indicates "It's time to charge your battery error").

I've spent more than two hours on some of the several calls made, they almost always require half an hour up to an hour or more to answer. Even then, promises (still awaiting replacement Arlo Q, and they only sent an Arlo Pro 2 battery asking me to climb a tree and troubleshoot for them as they preferred not to send a complete replacement! I do not apprecaite such poor service, nor have they been helpful so far in these instances.

Netgear Arlo Customer Service is not well managed at the moment. So I am just moving on without them, fortunately:

1. I use the toll free number to call in so I do not have to pay for hours of waits

2. I buy locally at Best Buy, if/when something goes wrong I buy a new replacement first then return the defective one. I will no longer be begging hat in hand for customer support from Netgear. They in turn will see their retailers have to deal more and more with problems, and Netgear Engineering may not get the defective products back quickly to do their evaluation.

Matthew McRae should fix Netgear Arlo Customer Support, and do so prior to attempting to issue the IPO.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation