Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Does CVR Break Motion Detection?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
njarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is it whenever I enable CVR, I no longer receive or record motion alerts on my Pro 2s or my Qs? As soon as I remove the service (pro rated), the cameras immediately function as they're supposed to?

I raised this issue with support and they didn't grasp the issue. I was placed on hold and the CSR conferred with a collegue. After 57 minutes I hung up. 

I have tried rebooting the base station, unplugging, removing the battery, and restarting the cameras both with CVR provisioned and not provisioned. As this impacts both Q and Pro2, it's obviously a software issue.

Has anyone had any success getting anyone remotely technically competent on the phone in support?

For a remote monitoring device, I don't understand why this needs so much hands on care and feeding. I purchased 14 Pro2s, 2 Base stations, and 2 Qs. I need CVR because the motion detection only works about 50% of the time. That said, I still appreciate the 50% of alerts I do get.

2 REPLIES 2
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

See this thread:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Q/ArloQ-CVR-stopped-recording-to-Library/td-p/1653304

The key is to disable Arlo Smart and then restart your base station.  It's a bug in the latest release.

njarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried disabling Smart for the cameras with CVR on it and rebooting. I also tried the same with removing CVR from my plan, removing Smart, rebooting, re-adding CVR. No dice. I've probably got 5 refunds in the last 24 hours alone trying to get this to work. 

Do I need to remove Smart from all Cameras, or just the CVR ones? When is Arlo releasing an update to fix this? From the referenced post, seems like this has been a known issue for over a month.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation