Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Activity Zones not working (Arlo Pro 2)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sdrj
Tutor
Tutor

I know this has been asked and answered numerous times but I still cannot get activity zone to work (small one on right of screenie)

If I do not use Activity Zones then am getting notifications of vehicles and people going across anywhere in the whole image area (which I do not want .... continuous notifications as area quite busy)

If I use the Activity Zone then do not get notified of anywhere except outside front door (Zone 2)

Is this an issue with Activity Zones with Arlo Pro 2 as there does appear to be a lot of issues with using Activity Zones or am I doing it wrong as perhaps the marked areas are for 'ignoring' and not motion activity, confusing as doesn't clearly state if the marked areas are for detecting motion or ignoring it ?

Hope someone can shed some light and solve the problem for me as tried a few times without success and doing my head in

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As an educated guess,... the PIR device covers the entire picture or FOV... the zones are being processed by the far end computers.  Pushes come at the start of a triggered event while emails come at the end of recorded file... if you turn off the pushes it may work as you want ( run email ) as a test

(You are running the camera on ac ? )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation