Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Which Model Go Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jammer51
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I understand, you must specify the wireless network to be used when ordering this model.

There are three (3) models? AT&T

Verizon

Netgear

I want to set this up using a Verizon "hotspot" as internet service is not adequate. Which model should I order to work with Verizon for the Go Pro 2?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jammer51 wrote:

As I understand, you must specify the wireless network to be used when ordering this model.

There are three (3) models? AT&T

Verizon

Netgear

I want to set this up using a Verizon "hotspot" as internet service is not adequate. Which model should I order to work with Verizon for the Go Pro 2?

There in No Go Pro 2 model...

There is a GO model which is cellular only and the Pro 2 which ONLY works with wifi via the base unit.

( other units are Pro, original Arlo require a base while the  Q camera is direct wifi without base )

A Hotspot is normally wifi , so the GO models will not work.  You will need either the hotspot with an ethernet port or a wifi extender ( for the hotspot ) that has an ehternet port.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jammer51
Aspirant
Aspirant

My bad - you are right about there not being a Go Pro 2. I meant Pro 2 and need to know if this is "network specific" i.e. AT&T, Verizon, etc. I would prefer the Verizon version but not sure is this has its own model version , so when I order it will be the correct one.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
<p>The Go model is the one that uses ATT, Verizon or Arlo cell services. Check the technical specs here:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-go/default.aspx</p>
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation