Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mjb4450
Aspirant
Aspirant

After hours of searching I am trying to figure out why my Arlo pro 2 base station looks different then all the other's pictured online.  Mine is a short circular base station and I can find no siren setting anywhere. I have the red shield and when I click on it the call 911, call a friend, activate alarm, is shadowed as inactive links. What unit do I have since this base station is not listed on the Arlo site at all. I have never had this much of a problem finding basic info on any product I've ever bought.  A manual would have been nice for the $600.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The round circular base is the model vmb3500.

It came between the original flat leaning base ( 3000 ) and the Pro model 4000

looks like this:

Capture.JPG

there is NO siren in this unit... the siren started at the model 4000

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arlopro/arlo_pro_basestation_installguide.pdf

https://fccid.io/PY317300399/User-Manual/Users-Manual-pdf-3811130.pdf

mjb4450
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  So is this kit some sort of special package just for Costco to sell since it's not a package that's available on the Arlo site?  Also do you know if "arlonetgearcom.net" is a legit site?  I went on there also trying to get info, did a chat with someone who could not answer my questions and she said a tech would call in 5 mins.  Five minutes later I got robo calls.  No tech ever called.  Not happy with this insanity.  Thanks again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a legit Arlo site... the only arlo site is here ; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Yes, I  do think it was a costco special deal sale

So , what's your issue ??

mjb4450
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue was originally was not having the features listed everywhere for an Arlo 2. But now that I know it's not a "normal" package but one with Arlo pro 2 cameras and an old style base station that doesn't have those features, I now understand.  But now I have another problem.  I wanted to delete a lot of windy day videos but I can only delete one at a time on my cell phone.  I found the multiple delete instructions but all the tbs for "select,select all, delete" are not showing up on the phone.  I went to the app on my computer and they are there.  So now my latest confusion is why is the app missing functions on a phone but not a PC?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In the android app, while in library, hold on a video and you can pick more tha one or a box grid show that means all

mjb4450
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much.  After holding on one I got a green dot and I eventually figured out what the star meant and I could them manually click on each video and delete them all which took a while.  I did not find any select all or a box grid.  I'm an older guy and I am stuck needing actual words as descriptors.  These endless icons have no meaning to me.  Thanks again at least it's faster then one by one.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation