Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When will there be a pro 2 update?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
hamradio
Guide
Guide

Has anyone heard when we will get a software update that works on the 1080 camera. Support said there is a problem with the software and they are working on it. I would think they could do a better job getting it fixed. My pro 2 1080 camera is worthless because of all the short and stop recording it does. My 720 camera works perfect, both cameras are plugged in to ac.

Terry

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

cHi @hamradio

Have you tried to swap locations with your pro 2 & 720p camera? When did this issue first occur?

hamradio
Guide
Guide

Yes I have the software is the problem with the 1080 camera. I have spent hours on the phone with support, they finally told me they are working on a update. I have not heard from them since. I know from talking to them that other people have had the same problem. It will short record setting here in the same room with the base unit. It will stop and then start again sometimes but it is not recording. The 720 has worked perfect I even asked them if I could send the second 1080 back and get a 720 that works and they said NO. I didn't even want the money difference. I am a little pissed now, nothing from them about any up date.

Terry 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @hamradio

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, it is NOT what it used to be.

I have been dealing with this nonsense since June. Case was opened in late Sept/early October.

Still waiting for them to give me an update.

hamradio
Guide
Guide

Me to what a waste of $200. I can't believe they want take care of there customers. Why does the 720 work perfect and the 1080 don't.

hamradio
Guide
Guide

Talked to support and still waiting for software update.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation