Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When I receive motion notification, videos start in color, flashes bright & changes to black & white

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Just curious about something. I have 3 Pro wireless cameras.

Recently, when motion is detected, it is recorded. Then I receive an alert, look at the videos and they start in color then a bright flash and change to black and white. Same is true if I go to my Library and view the videos there.

I checked other posts similar and only one response - it said it goes to black and white with low ambient lighting. Doesn't apply to me. I get this in daytime and in a room that has a bright overhead light.

Any ideas why all mine turn to black and white?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear that the camera(s) are in a location where the light is marginal. That would cause the camera to switch between black and white and color. You can test by making sure they're in, say, bright sunlight to verify that the camera records in color.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear that the camera(s) are in a location where the light is marginal. That would cause the camera to switch between black and white and color. You can test by making sure they're in, say, bright sunlight to verify that the camera records in color.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation