Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HB1234
Tutor
Tutor
I get way more motion notifications in the daytime than I do in the evening. Additionally, in the daytime, motion is picked up MUCH further away than when it is trigger at night. I’m assuming this is due to night vision not picking things up as easily. Other than having to manually change the sensitivity to less in the day....and changing more at night, does anyone have any feedback/suggestions? Seems like I still get tons of motion notifications even at 50% sensitivity in the day time, but 50% at night gives me nothing. Huge disconnect....I don’t want to be alerted to motion 1/2 way down the street during the day....whereas that same sensitivity setting at night doesn’t alert until Im already in my driveway.
2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I noticed the same thing so I run a schedule that has 2 modes: "Day" and "Night" where the day mode has much lower sensitivity and night is nearly all 100. Same rules in all other ways.

The reason you get more triggering during the day is the IR that is reflected off objects from the sun is significantly more

NicheFarmer
Star
Star

That is a great trick. I'll have to try that with some of my cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation