Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sredford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly, after dark, camera images are completely washed out unless night vision is switched “off.”

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post daytime and nighttime screenshots for suggestions.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Hello @jguerdat  One of my cameras is doing the same thing. I had a skin w/hood on it for a while, but that really washed out the image at night. I took that off and it was better, but now all my night videos are completely gray again with very little contrast. People can walk right by the camera, and the motion sensor will trigger, but you can't see them at all in the video.

Screenshot 2019-04-15 09.08.54.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the image yet. Maybe posting a link to a video would be useful.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Why isn't the picture showing up? Is it because I'm a new member of the forum or something? It didn't give me any errors when I posted.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The image has to be approved before we can see it. Providing a video link or using Choose File instead of the image icon gets away from the issue.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Here's a great example of my washed out video. If you look VERY closely, you can see my cat walking up the left side of the driveway. None of my other cameras look this horrible at night.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/EF844F18FBBDB867_201904

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two things:

1) Post a link to the same camera during the day.

2) Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or positioning.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Well, I already know it's the camera because it just started doing this a couple weeks ago, and my other closely-positioned cameras don't look like this at night. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Kammfam

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

No. Customer support has been less than helpful for every other issue I've had, and it takes like 2 weeks to get an email back from them, so I figured I would search for answers here first.

sredford
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try completely shutting the camera down and remove the battery. If that doesn’t work, delete the camera and then reinstall it. I cannot remember which worked, but I did get mine properly functioning again.
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks. I did put a new battery in yesterday, and that didn't help. I will try reinstalling it. I hate having to do that because it's on a security mount, which is pretty cumbersome to remove.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the signal is decent, you don't necessarily need to remove the camera. I just press the base sync button briefly, and go out to the camera (having set up a ladder in advance) to press the sync button there. I've had very few problems doing this.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

That's good to know- thanks. I have it pretty much as far from my base as I can while still getting a signal, so hopefully it will work.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation