Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Want to be notified at night if there is any action on my property but don't want phone waking me up

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hannatella1
Initiate
Initiate

I want to be notified at night if there is action on my property but I don’t want my phone waking me up with calls texts or other apps in the night. I tried to customise the arlo notification to a certain alarm sound on iPhone so I could mute the other apps at night and just have arlo on but it won’t let me. Curious if anyone else found a work around here ? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use email notifications or sms, can't you configure do not disturb at night?

You'll get notified but it will be silent.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204321

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hannatella1
Initiate
Initiate
I actually want to be notified if there is people on the property but I can’t work out how to allow that but not every other buzz. There doesn’t seem to be a way to allow an app to over right the mute setting on an iPhone. I’m wondering if anyone else knows how to do set it up.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Hannatella1,

Just to make sure, are you trying to change the notification sound for Arlo app for iOS? Or are you wanting to only receive notification for Arlo app and not other third-party apps? If you only want to receive notification by the Arlo app and not other apps that are installed on your iPhone, refer to the link that TomMac suggested, which is Do Not Disturb.

Burdzysa
Star
Star
Myself and hundreds of other people are waiting for Arlo to allow custom notification sounds. What good is a
Home security system when you don’t recognize a distinct noise for an alert? When will this be done!?
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation