Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Want cameras to start recording from 10 pm to 6 am but does not switch at 10 pm

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EJMBoston
Initiate
Initiate

All,

Having a weird scheduling issue with my cameras. I want them all to basically start motion recording from 10 pm - 6 am at night. As it stands the scheduling option from my phone keeps saying since 6 am comes before 10 pm and will not switch. I understand why it's doing it but it's super annoying, has anyone found a workaround? 

The reason why I don't want to on all the time is I work from home and walking by the cameras or letting the dog out sets them off, basically just want them to kick off at night time and switch off when I wake up. 

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi EJMBoston,

Have you tried re-setting up your schedule again? And try setting up scheduling through the web client on your computer to see if that works properly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The root of this is not understanding how the schedule works. To span days you first have to set up two segments in the schedule - one for up to midnight and another from midnight on. So, use 10PM to 11:59PM (set the end time first to avoid the error message) and again from 12AM to 6AM.

DLondeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is how I had to set up a split schedule. It works fine with recordings being saved to two days.  10-12 on the first day and 12 -6 on the second.   Your notifications will tell you where to look for the file.  Very user friendly.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation