Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

I have an IP Cam Client where I can group together several camera feeds but I don't know how to add my Arlo Pro 2 cameras to it.

It says

Camera Model

MJ or H264 ?

Camera Name

Host

Http Port

Media Port

user name

password

How do I find what all of these entries should be? Please explain in easy steps?
Thanks for any help! 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not going to work.....

the camera aren't ip cameras and they talk only to the base ( which has no access like normal wifi routers )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

Okay I hope I can ask about a different camera since the Arlo won't work.  What about a Logitech

Circle 2 camera how can I connect that?

Dannybear
Master
Master
@Paulmidi
Are you asking if the Logitech can be added into the Arlo system?

What are you trying to achieve in using the ip client software?

I previously had my arlo camera’s live streaming to my TV on command using google mini and a Chromecast dongle on a hdmi tv.

Much simpler using the Arlo App on iPhone and iPad.
Paulmidi
Guide
Guide
I would like to be able to view all of my cameras on one screen but they are all from different families I have a circle 2 from Logitech I have a Foscam I even have a couple of cell phone cameras with the at Home App. There has to be a way to incorporate all of them into one big view, doesn’t there?
I can see my Arlo system will probably not be a part of that system since it has its own base station as the other poster pointed out
Dannybear
Master
Master
I am new to all this as well but the arlo camera wifi is closed so you should get better protection from unwanted wifi attacks or so I think.

Someone else here may have some suggestions on how you could inter grate your cameras.

Be aware that arlo is trying to add apple home support, although progress has stalled while they sort out their existing bugs. Not sure of what functionality will be available when they do though.
Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

I believe I read somewhere the Arlo Baby Camera is the only Arlo that is accessible to the Apple Home App at this time.

My Logitech Circle 2 camera paired up with the Apple Home app in no time.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation