Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos not in library for two of my four Arlo Pro 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LAFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras for ~1 year now.  Today I noticed that for 2 of the cameras no videos are stored on server for past 7 days. There are plenty of videos for the other 2 cameras. Batteries are fine (at least 50%) for all 4 cameras. The server (at my.arlo.com and on the app on my iPhone Xr) initially stated there were 200+ videos and has the blue dots under the date indicating there are new videos, but despite that the libraries are empty ("no recordings") for those 2 cameras. 

Prior posts on this community indicate server issues prevented storage of the videos, but I doubt that is the case for only 2 of the 4 cameras. No recent posts on this topic that I found. 

Any thoughts?   Thanks  in advance.

LF

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LAFox wrote:

The server (at my.arlo.com and on the app on my iPhone Xr) initially stated there were 200+ videos and has the blue dots under the date indicating there are new videos, but despite that the libraries are empty ("no recordings") for those 2 cameras. 

I just want to point out a recent change in behavior on this.  Before the blue dot meant there is a recording for the specific camera for that date.

Today the blue dot is displayed if there is a recording for any camera in the account for that date.  It's not clear if that is a bug or an intentional change in behavior.

Can you live stream these cameras and make manual recordings?

LAFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote

I just want to point out a recent change in behavior on this.  Before the blue dot meant there is a recording for the specific camera for that date.

Today the blue dot is displayed if there is a recording for any camera in the account for that date.  It's not clear if that is a bug or an intentional change in behavior.

Can you live stream these cameras and make manual recordings?

Thanks for the info re: the blue dots. I was unaware. 

One of the cameras overlooks the driveway and should in the least have us pulling in and out of the driveway in our vehicles. Those videos are not there. 

I can live stream the 2 cameras that do not have any recordings.  And I can make manual recordings.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LAFox wrote:

I can live stream the 2 cameras that do not have any recordings.  And I can make manual recordings.  

The first thing to try is to reboot the two cameras by removing the batteries and reinserting them.  If that doesn't restore normal operation, I suggest removing them from the account and resyncing.  If that fails, then contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also connect a USB thumb drive to the base, and then check if the recordings for these cameras are being saved on the thumb drive (but not being stored in the cloud). 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation