Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos Are Not Loading To The Library

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
beepboop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - I have three functioning Arlo Pro 2 base stations, and cameras working well on each. For one base station, each of its two cameras will sometimes stop sending videos to the Library when triggered. Push notifications on a trigger continue, including a snapshot, but there's no corresponding video in the library. If I ask for live video and then press the record button, that video *will* end up in the library. Once they stop sending the videos on an automatic trigger, the only way to get them going again is to reboot the base station. Once rebooted it can start working again for a day or two.

Is this a known phenomenon, and is there anything that can be done about it? The base station is on a good and consistent Internet connection, and the cameras are reliably linked to the base station. Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi beepboop,

What does the signal strength strength icon show for the cameras that are having the issue? Are there any trends when it happens such as time of day, a lot of activity?

beepboop
Aspirant
Aspirant

At the moment looks like two bars of signal strength on the camera.

I haven't discerned a pattern yet on when it does or doesn't create a library entry, though it does now seem that it can start doing so after a spate of not doing it, even without a reboot of the hub.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

beepboop,

Do you have any filters set? there might be videos funneling to a set filter & appearing empty.

beepboop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, no filters.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you get the same result on the web portal (PC) & App?

beepboop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, when something is missing it's not available either in the app or via the Web, and I've never noticed anything retroactively appearing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

beepboop

If you move the cameras closer to the base station and test motion, do they make it to the library?

sweet_baby_jamz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues.  I am getting the notifications on my phone with a snaphot of the motion, but saving to the library is intermittent. I have Arlo Smart and initially I thought it was only saving to the library when a Person was detected and all other Motion was not saving to library.  However, this theory had proved incorrect as I have no recordings of People detected and vice versa this morning.

I have the running man icon indicating motion recording is enabled and signal strength is 2 or 3 bars.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi sweet_baby_jamz,

Is this happening with a single camera or all of them?

sweet_baby_jamz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have only observed it on one camera so far (front door) because it sees a lot more activity than the other camera (in garage). I will run a couple of tests on the garage camera later, but I believe it will have the same issue.  Both were working great until a few weeks ago.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

sweet_baby_jamz,

Can you try and swap locations with you cameras to see if they behave the same. This will help narrow it down a bit.

sweet_baby_jamz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will try that also.

sweet_baby_jamz
Aspirant
Aspirant

FInally got around to testing this.  It is happening on both camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

sweet_baby_jamz,

What firmware is your base station & Cameras on?

sweet_baby_jamz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station: 1.10.0.9_23037
Cameras: 1.125.11.1_25366
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

sweet_baby_jamz,

Did you upgrade any subscriptions? Did the problem occur prior if so?

sweet_baby_jamz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like it only started being an issue when I upgrade to Arlo Smart.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

sweet_baby_jamz,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation