Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jeffashley27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have great internet and my camera is set within the recommended distance and the picture and video is still blurry even at best video setting on camera base station. Base station is within 25 feet of camera and my internet speeds are 147.1 mbps download and 116.2 upload. Please someone help me because I can’t even distinguish letters on vehicles or even peoples faces . Attached are two photos of the quality.

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master

If you take a snapshot while live viewing does the view become clearer?

If so you maybe seeing the effects of the high video compression that arlo uses to limit the data rate to meet the ability to have multiple cameras on the same wifi channel.

A way to check this is that objects with no motion are clear where objects in motion become blurred.

The quality setting in the camera settings are meant for battery power management and not for video performance.

Jeffashley27
Aspirant
Aspirant
I only have one camera and it’s about 10-15 feet away from base station . Fast internet the quality is perhaps 480 but definitely not 720 or 1080. Here is a snap from like less than 10 feet away from camera. It’s on best video option as well
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have been noticing the same thing as my video quality has dropped also its not even near the quality I had when first purchased about 2 years ago. Its probably Arlo pushing people to the ultra cameras for better video but i"ll be damn if iam going to pay that price for the ultras and then pay a fee to get 4k video. Arlo is going to price them selfs out of business.

I offten wonder if all these employees like Shane and others bring this info back to there engineers on what we have to deal with. Dont get me wrong Arlo has a very nice system but there engineers and techs are making there product go down hill.

Dannybear
Master
Master
The snapshot provided is from the phone screen, I was referring to a snapshot using the arlo app. The snapshot option appears if you tap the camera’s display when live viewing the camera.

Just confirming that the camera is a pro 2 correct?

You should have 1080 for the snapshot.
Jeffashley27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @Dannybear It doesn’t matter if I’m on Arlo webpage or phone app or live or recorded or snapshot the video quality is still blurry especially if you try and zoom in even a little you can not make out a face from 10-20 feet away

Dannybear
Master
Master
It’s possible that you getting what others have reported a few months back when the firmware issues for the pro cameras started occurring.

I have pro 2 cameras and none of them will show detail for objects that are in motion even since purchasing them almost a year ago.

You need the subject to stay still and look up at the camera to get a clear enough image to use for identification. Completely hopeless in the dark.

All they are good for is motion detection and identifying if it a animal or person by viewing the recordings.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation