Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ViaSat satellite service ARLO PRO 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Baydoc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently had ViaSat satellite internet installed in my home to support an Arlo system. It works on rare occasion but typically I get the blinking AMBER light. The satellite system supports our Smart TVs, laptop, gaming, and general internet use but not the Arlo apparently. Called support who walked me through every rebut, reset, plug/unplug, and determined my laptop when connected to the router can support videos.

I have read it may be related to the upload speed capability of the satellite system. Any experience or recommendations in Arlo and satellite systems? I ran an internet speed test and have 50.7 Mbps download and 3.53 Mbps upload speeds, latency ranges .575 - 1.1 seconds
3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Baydoc

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition to the above suggestion, that latency could be killing you. With cable service here, my latency is typically in the 20-30msec (.030 second) range. I don't know how or whether latency would impact Arlo other than to take more time for connections so talking to support is a good idea.

Baydoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did read that latency > 1 second could impact the ability of the unit to relay information.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation