Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second hub with three cameras for office, the new cameras install under the "old", hub at home

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
globulen
Follower
Follower

I have the VMB400 at home with five cameras at home. Bought a new VMB3500 with three cameras for work. I set up the hub, and when I try to add a camera, it is added to the VMB4000, and because the account is free, it tells me that it is inactive.  I thought that with the new hub (VMB3500) I could have the three cameras under that new hub, and have both hubs on the same app, operating the different cameras. Is that not something I can do? Do I need a different account and log in and out of each to see the cameras at home and the cameras at work, and get notifications?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Close but actually easier than that. Remove the new cameras and base from the existing account. Create a new account with a second email address and use that to set up the system. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the old, selecting all cameras and granting the additional privileges. Once you follow the emailed directions to accept that granted access, you'll be able to see all cameras in the original login and mostly be able to control them. It's not perfect but gets you 90% of the way to control all. For the few things that don't work, you'll have to actually log into that second account.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation