Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

VRB4500 locked out of arlo app after factory reset.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rph291
Aspirant
Aspirant

after launch of arlo secure app, pro 2 cameras and base were not operating as before.  After going through the troubleshooting sequences I did a factory reset.  When I went to add back the base, 

Arlo Secure app has me locked out and I cannot add them back.  Base connects to internet with a steady blue light and router is working fine.Even changed to 2.4ghz fron 5g but no difference.  Can anyone help?  I do not have a paid subscription so Arlo support said they can't help.

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Had you removed the base station from your account and your trying to add it back again?

To add a arlo device the app needs to have local network connection via the local network wifi or Ethernet.

Try adding the base using a pc web browser by login to my.arlo.com site. Ensure that the base station has been removed from the my devices list before adding.

You can also try factory resetting the base by holding the base reset button for 15sec until the LED flashes amber, wait a few minutes to settle.

Try power cycling the network modem router and wait 15mins for it to restore service then do the same for the base station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rph291 wrote:

Arlo Secure app has me locked out. 

Not sure what you mean by this phrase.  Are you saying that you cannot log into the app? 

Or is the issue simply that "add device" is failing to add back the base? (or maybe the cameras???)

If the latter, have you tried using a PC instead (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Rph291
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did all of those things including factory reset of the base.  Then it would not let me add any devices .    I am not going to use arlo devices anymore.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried adding the device over the web portal on a pc? 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation