Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
revangel
Star
Star

After today's firmware upgrade, the wifi signal of my 5 out of 6 cameras decreased from Maximum (3 bars) to Average (2 bars).

Although they seemed to be working, I would like to know if Arlo development team adjusted this signal bars or if they changed anything with the wifi power for the base station.

I have two base station - one with 3 cameras each. Is this an expect behavior from this firmware?

Tks,

Renato

31 REPLIES 31
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@TheWolk :

Is this a joke or is it sarcasm?

TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why? I'm serious. The problem got resolved within less than a month! That's a new record of responsiveness and definitely a big step in the right direction.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@TheWolk :

It got fixed where? Do you see it fixed in your android app? Certainly can’t see it  in mine. Signal strength still inaccurate and misleading.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not fixed for me, neither is the recording delay or the live feed or the....well you get the point.

TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hmm... It seems to be working fine here for both Web Interface and iOS App. I do not have an Android device to test with. Could you please check if https://my.arlo.com/#/cameras works for you? Not sure what else to suggest.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@TheWolk :

After updating android app to 2.9.0_25890 just released, it IS fixed. Sorry wasn’t aware of new app version released today.

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team identified an issue with the accuracy of the signal strength icons and resolved the issue in the latest app updates. The icon should now more accurately reflect WiFi signal strength based on the environment.

JamesC

Discussion stats