Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540 Smarthub offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mbiondo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Read many similar issues here but no solutions. 2nd time I left home on business and smart hub is offline. My daughter at home tried resenting WiFi, powercycle hub, even removing hub from her device, reinstalling. Works for about 10 minutes the offline again.

Frustrating because if this keeps happening when I’m away from home, then why have Arlo at all?

My patience running thin. Arlo cannot help because, we’ll, I’m not home near device. How inconvenient.

1st time happened I had to remove all devices from network and reinstall From scratch. Cannot trust this system when I’m away and need it most.

Time to get rid of this system? Perhaps…
5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Mbiondo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been on line with Arlo 4 times. They keep repeating the same procedures found on the support page. But after a couple of hrs it goes offline yet again. We’ve tried everything. I mean everything. Including changing my wifi channels. That’s it, the system is crap. So many people here have similar issues. It only works when I don’t need it. It’s unreliable. It’s not fixable. It’s crap. In the trash it goes. And I’m going on a social media rampage to make sure I’m the last victim of the Arlo lie. Crap.
Mbiondo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually, there’s is one ingenious way to make this work. I will write a note every time I leave the house that says, “dear intruder, before you rampage my house, will you be so kind to powercycle my Arlo Base Hub located in the living room so I can see you. Thanks”
Mbiondo
Aspirant
Aspirant
This base station is offline every time I leave the house. After days and trying to diagnose the problem, Arlo replaced with a new station. After two weeks while away from home, same thing happens. Of course when you’re away and you need Arlo most, there’s nothing you can do. Obviously, the VBM4540 is flawed and needs to be junked. Fed up with Arlo and convinced that its products are crap, I cancelled my subscription and throwing the camera, doorbell and hub station in the trash. Not even worth trying to get my money back. It’s utter garbage. Do not buy.

I will do my best to visit all the social media sites to make sure consumers are aware that this system is trash.
Mbiondo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, Arlo replaced the base station. Worked great for two weeks. And today, while away from home, yup, offline again!!’

I want my money back. Arlo simply does not work. Period.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation