Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000r3 Arlo Pro2 + all the other issues users are having since May 24th

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. Since May24th I believe I have experienced just about every issue brought up in this community site. Arlo team has offered no real resolution or acknowledgement on this board that they have an issue that they cannot address in a timely manner. Same goes for phone support and escalated engineer support. I gave up on troubleshooting nothing worked to solve the issues. Just temporary getting the system to work again before it fails again. (Not good for a company that advertises a Camera security system) Either the firmware update hosed certain base stations or they are having cloud issues that are affecting certain users accounts. Whatever happened they should respond to give us an update on where they are at with resolving the issues that some of us are experiencing. I have 5 pro 2 camera's and a doorbell along with various accessories. Along with a Arlo Smart Premier plan. Lot of money invested in equipment. Without any real explanation from the company. I asked a simple question with no response from Arlo. If the firmware update caused issues with my base station that can't be reversed, if I purchase a new one will that solve my problem or is it a hit and miss that i will have the same issues. So I ask has anybody that has been having issues that are being posted in this community board,  bought a new base station and if so did it will work without the issues that were bestowed upon us in the last update?

3 REPLIES 3
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello we are having a whole host of issues since the last update of firmware. Multiple - 3 base stations all going offline continually. Sometimes they just say getting status and come back online an hour later. Other times the orange internet light has the base offline until I power cycle it. The usb cannot format on the base stations also. We have tried different routers , cords , cables and accounts email addresses and modes. Sometimes the base stays online most of the day but then goes offline at night other times it’s offline many times a day. We have 2 bases connected to the same router and they go offline at different times. Arlo tech support said they are not aware of an offline issue. But they want pictures I am supposed to send them when it happens again. When the cameras go offline it drains the battery so I am having to run around charging cameras every few days. I have never in my life owned or could have even imagined a device that has this many problems. And I couldn’t even think that this company could produce a reliable alarm system as they had announced was coming out and another user mentioned on this forum. I would say that the support over the phone is helpful but it seems there is a disconnect between whoever is programming or engendering the software and the user complaints. It’s like they don’t read the forums and are in another world. We have had arlo pro for 2 years and apart from some problems like sometimes the usb wouldn’t overwrite and the schedule mode will switch to disarmed we could live with these things. Finding work arounds like just using armed mode only. But this is crazy.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@Bartley
I have a new VMB4000 base on way but am reluctant to try it until the existing firmware is fixed. The concern I have is my existing base has been damaged by this and previous firmware releases over the last six months and as arlo hides from its customers, it is likely they have no answer to give.
While everyone is getting problems now, I have been dealing with arlo support for the last six months including level 2 and can say that their performance has been consistent as it is to date.
If you read Arlo’s financial breakdown you will find they budget legal resources far higher than engineering.
I recall reading about other users experience with new base behaviour as being the same.
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

6-7 months into this system. I don't want to throw another $80 into a VMB4000r3 when the original base unit is still under warranty. Arlo has not answered that question. We have the same worries of damaging a new product.  The agent I talked to on the phone could not give a defined answer either. Thanks, I did look at their financial breakdown. The company could go either way. They do have a good product that works if they can get beyond this issue. In the mean time for some of us we don't have a dependable security camera system. That is the bad part. I am probably just going to bite the bullet and buy another VMB4000 base unit and see what happens. At least I will know what I will need to do in the long run. Hopefully some good developments will come from Arlo soon. This is absolutely crazy.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation