Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SableBlack
Tutor
Tutor

I've recently bought an Arlo Pro2 kit with 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and the VMB4000 base station. I've noticed that about a week ago it started to randomly restart at random times during the day. The problem is that after the restarts sometimes the system does not go online and remains offline until I unplug it from power and plug it again. Also, if the system was armed before the restart, it does not arm again once back online. The base station and the cameras are updated to the latest firmware and I've tried unplugging the local recording on a USB stick as suggested in another post, I believe it helped for the base station to work without restarting for about 24 hrs, but today the problem started again. Any hints would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here for a hardware problem.

SableBlack
Tutor
Tutor
Today I removed the base station and the cameras and re-add them again. First thing I noticed was that before doing that the base station wifi network was named NETGEAR01 and now it is ARLO_VMB_Number.... that was really odd to me. The system worked well for the majority of the day until I tried to access the cameras when I was away from home and simply received the offline message.

I have not mentioned it before, but I have Smartthings and Google home linked to Arlo, and IFTTT arms and disarms the system based on the status of a switch in Smartthings. Not sure if the fact that Arlo is linked to other services may cause the issue.

Once I made it home I noticed the system was working fine, but later I tried again to access the cameras and again they were offline, base station had all 3 LEDs solid green but suddenly, it auto-restarts. (Power led orange the other two off, until it loads everything again)

Is this behavior really something related to the hardware? It looks to me it may be firmware related...
Thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation