Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thetex
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4000 can be seen on my network when using network analyzer app. 

When I try to install, the error message from Arlo is "Looking for your Arlo Device" and it never gets past that. it does not see my VMB4000 hub.

VMB4000  worked when I was using Google Mesh network. I purchased TP Link AX5000 and it stopped working.

Do I plug my ethernet cable from VMB4000 into the TP-Link access point?

My modem is specific from my ISP. They required the MAC off the TP-Link access point before I could resume service.

I have done a factor reset on the VMB4000 as well.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@thetex wrote:

My theory is that because it was a grandfathered product, Arlo is stopping me from adding it to my network. 

No, nothing intentional.  There is a install bug at the moment that Arlo is investigating. 

@thetex wrote:

I went to online chat, and I am not elgible. 

Unfortunately, access to support does require a subscription.

@thetex wrote:

When I bought the product it had "lifetime" viewing!

It still does have 7-day rolling cloud storage.  Currently sold cameras don't have that, they all require a subscription to get any cloud storage.

3 REPLIES 3
thetex
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my Mesh app, I can see that I am connected to the TP-link mesh, and I have a MAC address and IP address.

0 kbps upload and download

thetex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Going to throw in trash. My theory is that because it was a grandfathered product, Arlo is stopping me from adding it to my network. I went to online chat, and I am not elgible. Amazing. When I bought the product it had "lifetime" viewing!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@thetex wrote:

My theory is that because it was a grandfathered product, Arlo is stopping me from adding it to my network. 

No, nothing intentional.  There is a install bug at the moment that Arlo is investigating. 

@thetex wrote:

I went to online chat, and I am not elgible. 

Unfortunately, access to support does require a subscription.

@thetex wrote:

When I bought the product it had "lifetime" viewing!

It still does have 7-day rolling cloud storage.  Currently sold cameras don't have that, they all require a subscription to get any cloud storage.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation