Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 base offline amber LED internet and MAC ffff:0000;000

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Help! VMB3000 base led internet offline (amber LED) and MAC ffff:0000;000.
23 REPLIES 23
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Power button reboot the base ( power off then on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
The internet led remains amber. Can the base station be in trouble? Mac fff:0000fff.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting your modem, router and base, in that order. Let each initialize before going on to the next.

cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Don’t work!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Who owns the router? ISPs have been known to make settings that block access to Arlo for unknown reasons. The base has a connection to the router but either the router or ISP is somehow blocking access to arlo.netgear.com on ports 80 and 443.

cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello! Locking ports 80 and 443 causes the mac to appear 00: ffffffffff ??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you mean by "locking the ports"  as well as how you're seeing a MAC change. Since it appears that you own the router, normal settings allow Arlo to work fine - only changes you may have made would prevent it. You're not using a VPN, are you? It sounds like you're doing something with your network that's the issue.

cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
When the ISP blocks access to ports 80 and 443 the base Mac appears 00: ff: ff: ff: ff ????
cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
the fact that the base vmb3000 Mad appears 00: ff: ff: ff: ff, may indicate defect in base vmb3000?
cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not using VPN.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess you're seeing the MAC address in your router display - you're not giving us nearly enough details so we're guessing. That address would never be seen regardless of ports open or closed. Either the base is faulty, the router is confused (have you rebooted it?) or you're looking at something totally different.

cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm seeing the base MAC on the router as 00:ff:ff:ff:ff.
cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Modem and router ok! Base Station VMB 3000 don’t work!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't help you because you refuse to provide any useful information. You keep repeating the same thing without details.

cdiniz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I put the base on 2 other routers and the mac continues 00: ff: ff: ff. Probably the base is defective. Ports 80 and 443 are not blocked by your ISP. Is it possible to restore the MAC address of the base? What other information do you need to help me? Thank you!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
baltimorecity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Cdiniz,

I have the same issue with my VMB4000. It suddenly appears offline and I can see the same "strange" MAC address.

Did you managed to solve the problem?

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @baltimorecity

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

baltimorecity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS,

Yes, I did. They are asking me about the opened ports ... all are opened for outbound and I believe it's not related to that. There is something wrong on the Base Station itself.

Thanks,

BaltimoreCity

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest informing support that you are still experiencing these issues with your base station.

Tingyunliu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Baltimorecity,

I have the exact same issue.  Have you got it resolved?  Thanks a lot.

@baltimorecity wrote:

Hi ShayneS,

Yes, I did. They are asking me about the opened ports ... all are opened for outbound and I believe it's not related to that. There is something wrong on the Base Station itself.

Thanks,

BaltimoreCity

baltimorecity
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Tingy,

There was something wrong on the Network side of the base station. A reset didn't solve it so they changed the base station itself.

Thanks,
Tingyunliu
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply. Are you still under warranty?
Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation