VMB 4000 - Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mir54026
Aspirant
Aspirant

All attempts failed. But I found a solution.
I made a new account. I followed the boot procedure and update. Base was now recognized - So, no internet or router problems, etc....
Remarks: Arlo makes it difficult for users of "end of life" devices so that subscriptions are forced. The new format is less clear and user-unfriendly. Thanks ARLO, but the trust is gone!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry but EOL devices don't need to be "forced" into a subscription. There never has been an issue with this. That said, recent issues have popped up with at least some legacy devices leading to more drastic measures to recover from them. In your case it rather sounds like your account was somehow corrupted so the new account was needed (it shouldn't have been needed) to get around the issue.

It's not a subscription thang...

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

@jguerdat WTF? Account was corrupted? What nonsense is that? 

It's unacceptable of a company to do something to their firmware that requires users to reset the whole system and set it up from scratch. In this situation, the deployment of firmware should have been stopped. It wasn't. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you had been around as long as some of us have, you'd have read of others that had to (re)create their accounts to clear out whatever was causing the problem. It doesn't happen often (as far as I can tell) but it does happen. And when doing so causes the problem to disappear, there's some proof in the pudding.

Just because it assaults your sense of right and wrong doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You're always free to apply to Arlo to fix things for the rest of us...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation