Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using my old Arlo hub as signal extender or "bridge mode" hub? If so, walk me through how?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SpencerM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anybody know about this and/or have any experience with this?:

I had purchased an Arlo Ultra system with the hub and 4 Arlo Ultra cameras. This was an upgrade to my existing Arlo Pro 2 hub and also 4 cameras. My house is only 2500 sq. ft., but even with my extreme overkill wifi system that SHOULD cover 6,000+ sq. ft., I still have a lot of dead spots for my wifi signal, which also leads to me having trouble getting a good signal to some of the cameras outside. Does anybody know if I can connect my old Pro 2 hub to my Ultra hub amd use it as either a camera signal extender or as a "bridge mode" hub, which would essentially also extend the camera signal range? Can this be done? If so, could you possibly walk me through how I would do that? I have been trying, but I can't seem to get the Pro 2 hub to connect to the Ultra hub at all. I have literally spent at least 2 or 3 hours now trying to get it to connect without even a hint of success. Please help!!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only true way to expand coverage is adding additional bases.

While it will not work as an extender, you can use it for the Ultra by putting it at a far end of home and syncing cameras to it.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062146/Is-Arlo-Ultra-backwards-compatible-with-my-existing-Arlo-system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
SpencerM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much for that info, I really appreciate it!! However, would you possibly know why I can't seem to add the old hub to new new hub?? I absolutely can not seem to get it to connect, I have literally tried for a couple of hours now! I was able to hook up the main hub and a total of 8 cameras without any issues at all......but I can not get the old hub to connect! Do you have any suggestions for me on that issue by chance? Do I not wanting to try adding it by clicking on the "add new hub or base" tab?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand you correctly, you don’t connect the new hub to the old...

You have to hook it into your router with Ethernet... or plug it into a WiFi extender with a Ethernet port ( extender hooked into your original router )

Use the ADD Device in your app to then add the second base. Then add the closest cameras for best signal.

Each base sets up its own WiFi network for the cameras only... you can’t link other devices in

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation