Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using mains power

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tonyg0071
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have plugged my camera into mains power. Do I still need a battery installed? I have found that a camera I have plugged into mains power WITHOUT a battery installed is disconnecting and dropping off line frequently. Can you advise a reason why etc? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be.... the non arlo ac adapter may not put out enough power for the camera....

Also, it will never charge the battery as the Pro/Pro2 need a qualcom type dual voltage ac adapter ( 5v and 9v to charge )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If plugged into AC, you have a choice to leave the battery in or not ( no difference except if a slight power failure, the battery keeps the camera runnig )

As to why it goes off-line, there can be many reasons... if it is just one camera, then swap it with another to see if it is the location ( interference ) or the camera ( problem follows camera )

tonyg0071
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been just using an aftermarket OEM USB plug for the mains. Not sure if that is factor but when I am connected it seems just fine.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be.... the non arlo ac adapter may not put out enough power for the camera....

Also, it will never charge the battery as the Pro/Pro2 need a qualcom type dual voltage ac adapter ( 5v and 9v to charge )

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation