Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LtlSlvr37
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased an external battery pack and mounted it next to my camera thinking that I would extend the battery life. As it turns out it had the opposite effect and ran the battery down for both the camera as well as the external battery pack. Any thoughts or suggestions here? Do I need to remove the onboard battery pack and just run the external battery pack as it would give it a longer run time? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob due to the power pack, your camera thinks it's on AC and it uses more power....

read this ; https://kb.arlo.com/000062042/What-are-the-benefits-of-using-my-Arlo-Pro-2-plugged-in

I would try and remove the battery and test... if NG, you may have to wire the external power to the inside terminals ( if your a diy type of person )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That isn't needed for the Pro 2 - we're seemingly talking about that model here although it's not identified as such. However, the power pack, assuming it remains supplying power during camera sleep periods, would deplete as suggested above since the camera would think AC power was supplied. When the pack ran out, the internal battery would then deplete. Any feature that requires AC  power would drain the batteries more quickly.

Maybe you need to describe the devices and usage more completely.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation