Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using 2 different arlo package

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
minhkhanh62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought  this from homedepot. $199.  Can I buy 2 like this, so I can have 4 cameras and 2 hub? beter than buy 1 like this and buy 2 addon with cost the same thing. Can I do that to make it work and i have an extra hub? 

arlo2.png

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes...you can run up to 5 cameras for free ...

also if wanted both bases for max area at same time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
minhkhanh62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Should I buy 2 package like that to save an extra hub? because an addon camera cost like $100-120 dollars. If I set up 2 hub at the time, it will improve the speed ? Can i check 4 camera at the time on my app or it should be different if I set up2 hub for 2 cameras each hub? Thank you very much. If i dont want to pay subscription for that, Can i still check  my live video? Because i dont want to save the video. Thank for replying ! 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi minhkhanh62,

It is your preference whether you would like to have an extra Base Station or not. You can simultaneously stream four cameras at the same time on your Arlo app with the same or seperate/different Base Station.

As TomMac mentioned, if you do go over five cameras, you will be required to have an Arlo Smart subscription. Otherwise, without subscription, you can still view live stream. You can read more about it here under "No Subscription": What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation