Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Usb local storage keeps disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
lendelbogdan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Usb 3  256GB worked fine for 4 years now keeps disconnecting after 1min.

I formated everything again using the Arlo Hub. Worked for 5 days. Now same problem. 

15 REPLIES 15
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @lendelbogdan 

Are you still experiencing this issue with your local storage?

lendelbogdan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Still a problem 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to test with a different SD card? 

turkeysub426
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem.  Sometimes it disconnects fairly quickly (after a few minutes).  Other times it takes a few days.  Very frustrating and defeats the purpose of having these cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@turkeysub426 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

lendelbogdan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restsrted hub.

Formatted usb using hub.

Tried USB on PC to make sure it's working and can write and copy. (Works fine).

I made sure there is over 16gb space.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lendelbogdan 

Is there any chance you can test with another SD card? 

lendelbogdan
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not SD. It's USB.

I tried another one and it's working for now. 

But other USB worked for 4 years without problems. Now keeps disconnecting 

turkeysub426
Guide
Guide

Previously, I had just restarted the base and the USB would reconnect.  But like I mentioned, it would just disconnect again (after just a few minutes in some cases).  This time I decided to reformat the entire drive and try again.  It's been running for 2 and a half days now.  I'll post any updates I have whether it disconnects again or not.

Details of my system:

Base:  VMB4540r2 w/ 1.21.0.0_1377_a58d08a firmware

4 cameras (H10 w/ 1.060.12.2_6_fd2b14a firmware)

Doorbell (1.2 w/ 1.18.0.0_1478_6e6deea_6853d06 firmware)

mblakebiellier
Initiate
Initiate

I think there are firmware issues.   I have two Arlo Base stations with the same issue.   

One of them started saying there is an issue with the USB at the beginning of May.  I purchased a new USB drive.   It worked for a few days and the same thing happened again.

This week the second hub started having the exact same issue.

There is a problem with the firmware and this needs to be resolved by the Arlo Dev team ASAP!

Thank you!

Goddag10
Tutor
Tutor

Any update to this feed?

lendelbogdan
Aspirant
Aspirant

No solution. No update.

Arlo needs to fix the issue

Goddag10
Tutor
Tutor

Almost like they're trying to force us on to a subscription 

turkeysub426
Guide
Guide

Update:  After formatting, my USB drive has stayed connected for 5 days now (since 5/12/2023 @ ~1pm EDT).  Let's see how long before it disconnects.  Hopefully, it won't...

drdoom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using VBM4000r3 for about 6 years already. My current firmware version is 1.21.0.1_4291_7841d8d. My arlo app in my iPhone Xs Max is also the most updated version.

I have been using a 400GB hard drive before for local storage. However in about 3 months before, the arlo app suddenly shows that the hard drive cannot be used for storage and requires formatting (which the app does not allow me to format).

I therefore tried to shift to use a 32GB USB storage stick for local storage. I have also formatted using FAT32 in computer before inserting into the arlo station. However, normally after 2 - 3 days, the arlo app would show that the storage stick is corrupted and requires formatting. The app does not allow me to format but I need to remove the stick from the station, format it using a computer and re-insert into the station. Then after 2-3 days, the problem happens again and keeps looping again and again.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Can any arlo technicians help?

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation