Us

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Howie62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a bundle package back in ~2016. Included four pro 2 cameras and two flood lights. In 2023 I bought the Arlo door bell . I never took advantage of the free cloud service but relied on the SD card in my VM5400 base unit. A week ago three of my cameras went off line reporting inactive and subscription required. I find this totally unacceptable and feel I’m being held hostage. No support available with out subscription. I know this a Arlo deal because my cameras all work in apple homekit. This business practice needs to stop and give customers access to a product they bought with full disclosure that it was free.

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The pro2 is still being supported by arlo with free 7days cloud storage.

Many posts have recently appeared describing similar feature fails you described.

You could be forgiven for thinking arlo has started deprecating the pro2 cameras earlier than the proposed EOL date for 2025.

When you added the new doorbell you would have been ported to the trial 30day cloud storage plan and when it expired, and since arlo is ignorant about your need to revert to your previous 7days free entitlement, your encouraged to renew the plan.

You could try removing the doorbell from the account and see if the 7days free cloud storage returns. If so you can then add the doorbell back again to use it again.

You mention using a 5400 base station, look for the label underneath to confirm.

Howie62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I stand corrected. My base unit is the VMB4500r2. I will try your recommendation by uninstalling the door bell and activate the 7 day cloud subscription 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation