Getting alerts but app says system off line

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Waiisland
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am get regular camera alerts, daily, as there is a cat that walks around the outside of my house. But when I go to the app to check, all cameras come up with the " device appears offline...." message, which doesn't make sense if I'm still getting regular alerts. I have tried using the Web Portal (my.arlo.com) but every time I click to view cameras, I'm asked to log in again, which then take me back to the ads page for their products, never to my cameras or system. I'm am not at the house to be able to reboot the system manual myself. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Waiisland 

Are you still experiencing this symptom?

Waiisland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am still having the same problem. I check daily when an alert comes to my phone, but still the same result

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you make any changes to your router or move the base station closer to the router when the symptom stared occurring? 

Waiisland
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, there has been no one home to change anything before the problem started to occur.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Waiisland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Because I am away from the house, there isn't a great deal I have been able to do by remote, outside of trying logging in through the Arlo website and trying to make a connection with the base there. That has proved to be a total fail. I can log in ok, but every time I push "my account" I get thrown back to the log in page going into an eternal look. I have tried this a number of times, always with the same result. So, without being able to get to my base via my app, (which had been working fine) and not being able to contact it on line, there is nothing I can do. Very frustrating as I am still getting alerts of from my cameras daily, but I can't see the recordings or look at the cameras

Waiisland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so just checked again, as I've been doing every day for the past couple of weeks, and I can now make contact with the cameras again, so that's great. Interestingly, there are no clips in the library, even though I've had 2 or 3 alerts arriving into my phone every day over this period. So very odd, but I'm happy that I'm able to get back into the base station again. Thanks for taking an interest in my issues. Cheers

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation