Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrading VMB4000 to VMB4540 and keeping Pro 2 cameras. Do I need to remove hub?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am upgrading my VMB4000 hub to a VMB4540. Keeping my 2 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras. Do I need to remove my existing hub and cameras thru the App before setting up the new hub?

Assume I will have to Manually resync the cameras to the new hub by using the sync button on cameras. I saw a video where the cameras auto synced to the VMB4540. But, they were Pro 3 cameras and didn't look like they had a sync button on camera.

Thanks for any advice---

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Remove the old base and install the new. Start fresh by claiming the base and then sync the cameras, updating firmware as you go. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, etc. to speed the rebuild.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Remove the old base and install the new. Start fresh by claiming the base and then sync the cameras, updating firmware as you go. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, etc. to speed the rebuild.

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

When you have got it set up with the new hub, you might like to hang on to the VMB4000. I use one solely as a noisy alarm.

The VMB4000 was the last hub with an ear splitting scream.

Just add the hub to your account but don't add any cameras to it.  You can then add rules that turn on the alarm when a camera does its thing.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation