Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will this be the right replacement for Base Station? Confused with "add on" term

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TixTux
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

My Arlo base station just packed up and it's just outside warranty period. I found this https://ukshop.arlo.com/product/arlo-base-station-add-on-unit-with-built-in-alarm-siren/ and wonder if this would be the right replacement? 

(I am confused with the "add on" term used. Can this base station be a replacement or it needs to pair up with a working base station, as in "add on"?)

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

TixTux

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes any Base/Hub can be used alone. Not sure why it is called an add on. That site site looks a good bit different then the U.S. site but it may be that way in Europe. I would check to make sure it is not a scam site. The URL should start with www.arlo.com then the rest of the address. Mabey someone in UK could varify. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Don't be fooled by the reference to "Built-In Alarm Siren" in that ad. Yes, it makes a noise, but with nothing like the sound volume of the VMB4000.  I keep an VMB4000, alongside a VMB4540, solely as an alarm.

That site seems to be someone called Exertis. But it has links that do connect to Arlo. Most scam sites don't dare do that, lest the lawyers leap in. If you go to the US site from the UK and the click through to the store, you will land on the Exertis site.

Prices are about the same as Am*z*n.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation