Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgraded to Arlo Pro 2 with three cameras. Two cameras need Smart subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Klaus12345
Follower
Follower

Hi together,

I have upgraded my camera system with a Arlo Pro 2 with three cameras. I installed the hub and connected all the cameras.

From the connection it looks pefect. In my arlo I can see that one is working fine, but the other two needs an Smart licence.

This I can't understand. I read on the box that an licence is not requiered. My Arlo pro is working fine on the base level.

Is here a mstake from my side? 

Thank you for your feedback

Kind regards Klaus

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The older legacy cameras should not require a paid fee if a total of 5 or less cameras. ( like the Pro, Pro2 )

with 7 days storage, no smart option

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

=====================================

No subscription

If you have an Arlo Pro 2, Pro, Go, Wire-Free, Q, Q Plus, or Baby camera, you will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera. This includes free rolling 7-day cloud recording, live streaming, 2-way audio, local storage, and activity zones on up to 5 cameras.

Arlo Ultra, Pro 3, and Video Doorbell come with a free Arlo Smart trial. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, you can still add up to 5 cameras to your Arlo account, live stream, and receive motion and audio notifications.

Number of cameras supported

Maximum cloud recording resolution

Person, Vehicle, Animal, and Package Detection

Smoke/CO Alarm Detection

Cloud Activity Zones

Rich push notifications

Live Streaming

e911

No Subscription – Arlo Wire-Free, Pro, Pro 2, Q, Q Plus, Go, Baby

1080p (Rolling 7 days)

No

No

No

No

Yes

No

No Subscription – Arlo Ultra and Pro 3

Unlimited

NA

No

No

No

No

(Standard notifications)

Yes

No

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Knickelchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TomMac,

now I have a little bit more light in the darkness. The account is limited on 5. I have three  Pro and three Pro 2.

I thought that I can manage all with one account. I forget that I have also a mobile device and that is the reason that 2 Cameras are not working. At the moment I test it with two accounts with the invitation of a friend. In the moment it looks that it is running. I don't need the special features like parcel and more. I only wants to have both systems running under the bought options.

Thank you for the quick response

Kind regards Klaus

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You could run two accounts... use diff pw /email

then share the second account to the first with Grant Access

this will give you 95% control of second with all viewable in the first account

Morse is faster than texting!
Klaus1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TomMac,

Thank you for your support. The system is now running. When you wants to see the camera which is connected with the invitation of a friend need a little bit more time for  the connection, but it works.

But sorry I have an other little problem. At one oft he three cameras is still the yellow led on. I switched all options out, but the LED is still on. Can here a hardware problem make the fault. Or can here a wrong setting  be the problem.

But I can’t find it.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards Klaus

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it on all the time or blinking? I would try reinserting the battery, then charging the battery and finally removing and resyncing the camera. If all that fails, you may be able to swap at the store or you can use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware problem.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation