Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ArloCameraPOST
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can't I view video when away from home & traveling?

iPhone 11, I have DATA selected to ON in my settings (everything us flipped to ON).

I sew a post that said when I log into the website I can review them, ok that made some sense ...but where are teh notifications? Ok a, shortcoming I can still see use in these cameras... but then when I go to the website I see no entries or videos to review. And there should be. So where is all this data that is stored on the cloud?

I have internet (both at base station and on phone from wifi or data and while for some periods of time I don't have reliable internet) this is standard for anyone away from home. 
We get the cameras so that out properties, pets, people can be kept safer. 

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloCameraPOST wrote:

Why can't I view video when away from home & traveling?

iPhone 11, I have DATA selected to ON in my settings (everything us flipped to ON).

You should see the videos in the library of your app.

Are you saying you can see them at home, but not while away?

Can you confirm that this is with a pro-2?  

ArloCameraPOST
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes these are arlo pro 2.
I can’t see videos of movement for an entire day when I was 2 hours north out of town.

Not in my app library and not on the web/cloud library.
ArloCameraPOST
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can see them for the most part when I’m home
Still some issues since I don’t catch all of the movement
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ArloCameraPOST,

Just to be sure, you got notified from the Arlo app that motion was detected from your Arlo Pro 2 camera, correct?

ArloCameraPOST
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not get any motion detection from the camera while I was gone, I also did not get any saved videos on the app or on teh website while I was gone.

WIFI was connected the whole time.
I ALWAYS get at least 2 videos from each of the cameras every day. I did not see ANY videos from any of the cameras the whole day we were out of town.

This is part of the reason why I KNOW that the cameras were not working properly. ALSO there was most certainly motion through the day because we share a driveway and there absolutely was something to record.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to try raising the motion detection sensitivity, which you can read here: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

And also refer to this article to learn how to optimize motion detection: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

Frostyyy
Initiate
Initiate

I just had the same issue with my Pro 3 system. 

I could only access my library and videos while at home and on my home network. I would get notifications all day but was unable to view recordings until I got home. after doing some research, I deduced that you need a subscription in order for the system to function properly.

my problems started the day after my 90 day free subscription expired. i bought an external hard drive to store recordings, but that only enabled me to view recorded videos while at home, not anywhere else.

I returned the system yesterday and am now hunting for a new system. I was hoping the Pro 2 might be a viable replacement, but am not encouraged by reading this post.

Pete757
Aspirant
Aspirant

motion detection zone should have nothing to do with viewing video from home or away.  And,  Yes  Arlo pro 3

Pete757
Aspirant
Aspirant

motion detection zone should have nothing to do with viewing video from home or away. And, Yes Arlo pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation