Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to set up activity zones without connecting to AC power?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hmv4u2
Follower
Follower

I just added two additional pro2’s and one of the cams is catching every car back and forth. It wont let me set the activity zone without connecting to ac power. I didnt have to do that with any of the other cams. What gives?

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Hmv4u2,

Your camera must be plugged in to a power source to use activity zones. If you would like to use activity zones without plugging your camera, you must subscribe to Arlo Smart. You can read more about it here: What are activity zones and how do I create them?

Bigjuan696
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the smart subscription but it still tells me I have to be connected to power to use activity zones. Looking for a way to change my pro 2 cause I am constantly getting cars driving down the road.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Bigjuan696,

Try to delete your activity zones and set it up again to see if that  helps. Otherwise, try to remove the battery from your Arlo Pro 2 camera and re-insert it back in.

Bigjuan696
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried that and it didn't work just tells me that it needs plugged in
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate the issue you're experiencing. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation