Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Miki-011
Guide
Guide

I am unable to set mode "Motion is detected - do nothing - no alert" on Arlo Web Portal for the new camera. All other nine cameras have been set like this a year ago but it won't let me set it for the new one - it requires I enter notification, either PUSH  or email, won't let me leave that part empty.

How do I fix this ?!

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Miki-011,

Could you show a screenshot where you're unable to save this setting? Have you tried on the Arlo app on your phone device to see if you're able to save?

Miki-011
Guide
Guide

Tried on both arlo app and web portal. Here is the screenshot :

Save button is grayed out, it is requesting I chose push notification or send email alert. This was not the case a year ago when i set up my first 9 cameras.

Miki-011
Guide
Guide

Picture is not showing up, there here : https://imgur.com/a/MpopjzJ

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Miki-011 wrote:

I am unable to set mode "Motion is detected - do nothing - no alert" on Arlo Web Portal for the new camera. All other nine cameras have been set like this a year ago but it won't let me set it for the new one - it requires I enter notification, either PUSH  or email, won't let me leave that part empty.

Do you not want it to record or and send notifications. If so that is the way you have it set up and have nothing to save. Do you want to at least record? 

Miki-011
Guide
Guide

I don't want it to do anything when motion is detected. No recording, no notification.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Miki-011 wrote:

I don't want it to do anything when motion is detected. No recording, no notification.

If you are not receiving recordings or notifications your settings are correct in your screenshot  and there is nothing to save. If you checked at least record you would have a save option. 

Miki-011
Guide
Guide

The current settings are Motion is detected / Record video / no notifications. I want to change to Motion is detected/do nothing/no notifications.

dcfox1
Master
Master

It seems you have to select at least record or notifications to save.  I just tried it but not what you want.

Miki-011
Guide
Guide

Moderator, please help!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation