Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to playback videos unless we manually download on iPhone XS Max and Galaxy S10+

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Watchdog19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since installing the required updated Arlo app on our phones (iPhone XS max and Galaxy S10+) we can no longer playback videos unless we manually download each video first. Also, there are serious delays in video capture. At 2300, I was woken up by loud noises outside. Our front door Arlo cam only captured the hooded burglars running off with our stuff!! At 0345 another night, someone was peering into our patio window and one of our FOUR Arlo cameras only captured the person jumping over our sideyard fence!! These are serious safety concerns as I am often home alone with the baby while my husband is off with the military.
These incidents have occurred despite our desperate attempts to troubleshoot with the Arlo support team over the past month. We spent over $850 for our Arlo Pro 2 system less than a year ago and Arlo does not accept any returns.
We have adopted 2 dogs since all of this has happened to us but would appreciate any recommendations for a better camera system.

2 REPLIES 2
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

There must be some local security companies in your area that can visit and quote you for home security.

if you have lost faith in the Arlo system you could possibly sell it on to help fund a secure and more professional system.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Watchdog19,

Sorry to hear the problems you're having with your system. You mentioned that you contacted the support team to help troubleshoot. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation