Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide

The updated app no longer allows you to disable notifications for specific cameras. It's now an "all or nothing", which is very useless. I would like my camera to record while still getting notifications from my other cameras. My one camera gets nuisance notifications during the day with wind. The other 2 do not

8 REPLIES 8
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Related to this, my wife and I are now getting notifications that say they are seeing motion on our base station!  We have no camera named the same as our base station and have never received completely useless notifications from the base startion.

I have also notice the images are no longer appearing on my email notifications.  I only see the usual text that is too small to read easily.

Was there a recent round of updates...or perhaps downgrades?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Wolfy13   The notifications settings are still there for me on IOS app and web portal under mode then rules for each camera. Not sure if you have an Android. 

@AncientGeek   Arlo is aware if your first problem and for e-mail there are other threads that started recently.  I have not seen a reply from a mod on that.

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
The only option I have for notifications is through the downloaded overall app settings, which only allows enable/disable app notifications. The in app settings for notifications directs me there. This is on android.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Not really sure what you mean but have you tried it on the web page my.arlo.com. Go to modes and select armed or a custom mode if you set one up, and each camera is listed.  Select that camera and there is a box to uncheck for push notifications at the bottom. 

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
I can turn on/off my phones settings for the app.

In the app itself, if I go to settings and notifications, it sends me to the phone settings for the app which doesnt specify camera notifications, only app notifications.

I dont want to disarm the camera, just not send me a notification that its triggered I'll try the website.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dcfox1 wrote:

@Wolfy13   The notifications settings are still there for me on IOS app and web portal under mode then rules for each camera. Not sure if you have an Android. 

@AncientGeek   Arlo is aware if your first problem and for e-mail there are other threads that started recently.  I have not seen a reply from a mod on that.

Thank you!  

Hopefully it will be fixed quickly.  It is useless when there are many cameras on a base station and images fail to show up in the library.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Wolfy13 You may referring  to smart notifications settings. That is different. If you edit the mode it wont disarm it just stop notifications like you said for that camera. Either way both work on web. Here is a link how to edit them to turn notifications off. 

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Wolfy13  

To disable camera specific notifications go into Modes, edit Armed (or whatever you are using),  then find and edit the rule for that camera, scroll to the bottom and remove the checkboxes for push notifications or email notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation